Do I require a student pass to continue my studies here even if I am married to a Malaysia citizen?

It is a requirement for a foreign spouses married to a Malaysian residents to obtain student pass if they wanted to study here. In case the spouses already held dependant pass, they need to terminate the dependant pass prior AeU could proceed applying for student pass on their behalf.